Peter Doherty, Nobel Laureate: Questions and Reflections Concerning MHC Restriction and other Fruits of a Life of Biomedical Erudition
Main Article Content
Pathogens and Immunity abides by Creative Commons BY 4.0:
This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work for any lawful purpose, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials. The authors maintain copyright of their materal.
*Due to a template error on our pdfs, articles published from May 20, 2016 to June 24, 2022 incorrectly state the copyright is held by Pathogens and Immunity. Copyright of all articles is held by the authors of each article as noted in the above copyright policy.
1. Zinkernagel RM, Doherty PC. Restriction of in vitro T cell-mediated cytotoxicity in lymphocytic choriomeningitis within a syngeneic or semiallogeneic system. Nature. 1974;248(5450):701-2. PubMed PMID: 4133807.
2. Doherty PC. Peter C. Doherty - Biographical NobelPrize.org: Nobel Media 1996 [accessed on 11/26/18]. Available from: https:// www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/1996/doherty/biographical/
3. Zinkernagel RM, Doherty PC. The discovery of MHC restriction. Immunol Today. 1997;18(1):14-7. PubMed PMID: 9018968.
4. Kuhn TS. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. 2nd ed. Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press; 1962.
5. Kindred B, Shreffler DC. H-2 dependence of co-operation between T and B cells in vivo. J Immunol. 1972;109(5):940-3. PubMed PMID: 4538719.
6. Katz DH, Hamaoka T, Dorf ME, Benacerraf B. Cell interactions between histoincompatible T and B lymphocytes. The H-2 gene complex determines successful physiologic lymphocyte interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1973;70(9):2624-8. PubMed PMID: 4126264. Pubmed Central PMCID: 427069.
7. 1995 Lasker Awards: Albert And Mary Lasker Foundation; [accessed on 11/26/18]. Available from: http://www.laskerfoundation.org/awards/year/1995/
8. Bevan MJ. The major histocompatibility complex determines susceptibility to cytotoxic T cells directed against minor histocompatibility antigens. J Exp Med. 1975;142(6):1349-64. PubMed PMID: 53263. Pubmed Central PMCID: 2190072.
9. Schmitt-Verhulst AM, Shearer GM. Bifunctional major histocompatibility-linked genetic regulation of cell-mediated lympholysis to trinitrophenyl-modified autologous lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1975;142(4):914-27. PubMed PMID: 52685. Pubmed Central PMCID: 2189948.
10. Rosenthal AS, Shevach EM. Function of macrophages in antigen recognition by guinea pig T lymphocytes. I. Requirement for histocompatible macrophages and lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1973;138(5):1194-212. PubMed PMID: 4542806. Pubmed Central PMCID: 2139433.
11. 1995 LASKER AWARDS: 1995 Albert Lasker Basic Medical Research Award: Albert And Mary Lasker Foundation; [Accessed on 11/26/18]. Available from: http://www.laskerfoundation.org/awards/show/t-cells-and-immune-defense/